STEP 1 - BEFORE USING GLYCOLIC FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Perform a "patch test" on a dime-sized area on the inside of your arm.
- If you experience extreme burning and immediate redness,
- Neutralize the area with the Post Peel Neutralizer
- Wash the area with soap and water
- DO NOT continue with the process
- Return your product and we will stop the billing
- As with any product, there is the chance that you may be highly sensitive to glycolic acid. Always patch test first.
STEP 2 - PREP THE AREA TO BE EXFOLIATED
- Clean the area to be exfoliated with our cleanser
- Pat dry the area to be exfoliated
- Soak a cotton ball with the pH Balanced Prepping Solution, apply it to the area and let dry
STEP 3 - EXFOLIATE & NEUTRALIZE
- Soak a cotton ball with a liberal amount of the Glycolic Acid Exfoliator.
- Use a timer for these next steps.
- Apply the acid to the area (example, your forehead) It should take about 15-20 seconds to apply.
- First Application: After applying the acid, leave it on for an additional 30 seconds for acid level of 30%, 40% and 50%. In the case of 60% acid, only 10 more seconds. Refer to below table for more information.
- Subsequent Applications: Typically, the 30% (40%, 50%, 60%) Exfoliator can be left on for an additional number of minutes after according to the table below (except 60% acid which you can leave on your skin for up to 20-40 seconds).
- With a cotton ball, apply the Post Peel Neutralizer to neutralize the Glycolic Acid.
- Wash the Neutralizer off with lukewarm, soapy water and gently pat dry.
SUGGESTED MAXIMUM LEAVE-ON TIMES
You may increase leave-on times by 30 seconds increments at your discretion if you don’t feel the tingling from the acid. Every person’s skin is different and can tolerate different leave-on times.
If you bought our products BEFORE March 1st, 2017, use the following table
If you bought our products AFTER March 1st, 2017, use the following table
STEP 4 – MOISTURIZE
- Moisturize the area(s) you have exfoliated.
- Select the moisturizer that soothes your skin most after the exfoliation process. Use the Chiffon Cream, the Royal Chiffon Cream, the Cellular Rejuvenation Cream, or the Anti-Wrinkle Cream or other creams included in the kit.
- DO NOT use the Nighttime Royal Alpha Balance Cream within 24 hours of performing any glycolic acid peel.
- PRO-TIP: We suggest alternating the nighttime cream with one of the other creams for your nightly moisturizing regimen.